Hybrid is a global influencer, creating rich and relevant content for brands wishing to connect with audiences in a more effective way.
Powered by a progressive collective of journalists, creatives, strategists and business minds, Hybrid publishes five independent web brands with over 120 million visitors annually.
Our growing in-house creative and digital agency works with our advertising partners to develop creative, digital and content campaigns, tapping into our deep editorial subject matter expertise. We’re intuitive and disciplined, turning ideas into action for global clients.
This is an opportunity to work with a unique media company and agency based in the Bristol CBD. Hybrid create their own media, content, web products and intellectual property. We’re a new breed of media company, with in-house agency capabilities to manage end-to end creation and distribution for our clients.
In the last two years, we’ve doubled in size and landed some large accounts along the way. Our clients include some of the biggest brands in higher education, technology and travel. To meet these demands we require a top level Creative Director to lead our design and creative initiatives and expand our strategic branding capability.
The right candidate
We are looking for a creative leader with outstanding ideas and commercial acumen. You are a strategic thinker and a sophisticated designer. You work well with clients, stakeholders and you know how to get the very best creative ideas out of your own team. You are open to regular travel and enjoy engaging with clients. You work best in lively, fast moving environments. Most of all, you are ambitious and want to be part a growing team.
You will oversee creative output and ensure delivery of innovative, brand-led, creative solutions for all clients. You will lead new business and pitch creative content and push your teams to find ‘big ideas’ based on design strategy and the creative brief. You will be able to develop intuitive design approaches to complex design challenges across brand development, corporate identity, mobile, digital and user experience design projects. You’re a team player adept at managing progress but also happy to roll up your sleeves and be ‘hands on’ with projects as required.
The role is based in Bristol but there will be travel to our branch offices in Kuala Lumpur and Sydney as required.
- Develop winning brand and design concepts
- Build client relationships and excite them about the creative potential of working with Hybrid
- Pitch ideas to clients or agencies. Be able to conceptually present ideas. Collaborate with Strategy and Account Directors on pitches and delivery
- Inspire and coach the creative team to produce innovative and inspiring conceptual and design ideas
- Lead multiple design projects from conception to completion in accordance with deadlines
- 5+ years experience as a Senior Creative or Creative Director for a respected agency or media brand
- Experience in managing multiple complex integrated cross media campaigns, across digital, social media, video, print and post production
- Ability to manage creative teams
- Demonstrated results pitching and preparing proposals for prospective clients
- A robust portfolio with extensive evidence of brand creation, refresh and conceptual design
- Competitive salary based on experience and annual pay reviews
- Regular travel, international projects
- Enhanced company pension contributions
- A fun, lively and often noisy work culture with regular team events, incentives and social activities
- Breakfast Wednesdays and Friday drinks
- Cycle-to-work and shower facilities