We are recruiting an editor to lead our established Tech Wire Asia editorial team in our brand-new Kuala Lumpur office. We are looking for a true digital journalist who will be responsible for commissioning, writing, editing and steering features and analysis, creating a reference in the tech landscape of Asia and beyond. You will be able to conceptualise, publish and distribute over various media and monitor and maintain the quality of your team’s content. The recently-rebranded TechWireAsia.com is the fastest-growing business tech site in Asia and we have ambitions to launch a global brand in the near future.
Tech Wire Asia under the Hybrid brand, is a global influencer, creating rich and relevant content for brands wishing to connect with audiences in a more effective way. Powered by a young collective of journalists, strategists and business minds, Hybrid moves with unparalleled pace across five independent brands in high-growth markets.
Since 2009, Hybrid has grown to 65 staff across three offices and with an annual revenue of £3 million – and we anticipate sales to grow by at least 60% this year. Our Kuala Lumpur office is based in QSentral, which allows easy access via KTM and LRT, and is close to NUSentral. This year, our KL editorial hub has expanded our digital audience to hit more than 9 million monthly unique visitors. The quality of our products and services has allowed us to work with leading brands including, SAP, Oracle, HP and Teamviewer.
- Commissioning and creating content on trending regional enterprise technology news stories
- Utilising sources that identify trends (e.g. NewsWhip, Twitter etc.) to help choose news stories before they have broken into the ‘mainstream’
- Uphold house style throughout all output
- Fully appreciate the role of branded content, commercially as well as editorially
- Providing support and guidance to the editorial team as well as maintaining the highest editorial standards
- Create compelling content that increases readership
- Undertake ad-hoc editing of freelance copy or material
- Building on your contact base within the tech industry (e.g. innovators/entrepreneurs/business managers/change-makers) to break news stories
- Maintain the balance between journalistic standards and commercial priorities
- Ensure grammatical accuracy and guard editorial standards
- A minimum of four years’ editorial experience
- To either have experience as an editor or be ready to make the next step
- Ability to manage a team and communicate effectively across time zones
- To have a higher-than-average knowledge of digital media technology, such as publishing platforms, social media, Adwords, SEO and markup
- Excellent English skills and experience of writing technical media
- Active social media presence and the ability and willingness to use it to build readership
- Strong work ethic, with an excellent track record of delivering content in a coherent editorial policy framework
- Enterprising and ambitious for yourself and for your team
- Positive approach and upbeat personality – at Hybrid we value attitude over experience
Direct applications are welcome to our own Recruitment Manager – Hayley Dugdale – by email. Please include examples of your work and links to your relevant social media accounts. For an informal chat about the position, please call.
Direct Phone: +44 117 244 3183 (UK office hours)