We are recruiting a Business and Technology Writer to join our established Tech Wire Asia editorial team in our brand-new Kuala Lumpur Office. Tech Wire Asia is a content platform for innovators, business leaders, change makers and entrepreneurs who are passionate about technology. The recently re-branded TechWireAsia.com is the fastest growing business tech site in Asia and we have ambitions to launch a global brand very soon.
We are looking for an exceptional Writer, who can capture and convey the link between business and technology in Asia. You will be responsible for researching and writing stories to engage readers via short-form articles and long-form opinion editorials for our Tech Wire Asia brand.
Tech Wire Asia under the Hybrid brand, is a global influencer, creating rich and relevant content for brands wishing to connect with audiences in a more effective way. Since 2009, Hybrid has grown to 65 staff across three offices and with an annual revenue of £3 million. Our Kuala Lumpur office is based in QSentral, which allows easy access via KTM and LRT, and is close to NUSentral. This year, our KL editorial hub has expanded our digital audience to hit more than 9 million monthly unique visitors. The quality of our products and services has allowed us to work with leading brands including, SAP, Oracle, HP and Teamviewer
- Reporting on the intersection of technology and business in Asia
- Using online analysis tools (Such as NewsWhip) to report on trending news and stories before they have broken.
- Uphold house style through all editorial work
- Keep on top of digital/business/technology trends to further enhance your contribution
- Ad-Hoc editing of freelance copy and material
- Building a contact base in the tech industry (e.g. Innovators, entrepreneurs/business managers/change makers) to break news stories.
- Writing share-able content and repackaging stories in an appealing way
- Ensuring grammatical accuracy and guarding editorial standards
- Voracious appetite for regional tech and business news and trends
- Experience in writing engaging digital news content
- Experience coving pan-Asia technology and business news
- Proficiency in using CMS (WordPress in particular)
- A clear grasp of editorial standards and workflow processes
- Experience working with high profile clients on advertorials
- An ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Great attention to detail and highly organised