Hybrid is a global influencer, creating rich and relevant content for brands wishing to connect with audiences in a more effective way. Powered by a progressive collective of journalists, creatives, digital and business minds, Hybrid publishes four independent web brands with over 120 million visitors annually.
We also have a growing in-house agency team which is fully integrated across digital and creative. As a result, we’re able to turn ideas into action quickly and drive impactful campaigns for our global clients. With a team of 75 across 3 offices in Bristol, Sydney and Kuala Lumpur, you’ll be joining Hybrid at an exciting stage of our growth to help take your career to the next level.
The successful applicant will join a talented digital production team focused on the implementation of web and turning designs in live platforms. You will need to be a skilled and enthusiastic coder in front-end web technology and have invested interest in continuous learning. Working on our own builds as well as on behalf of international brands, you will be engaged on ambitious new products and websites in numerous industries.
• Build scalable code, ensuring full integrity with a focus on Continuous Development.
• Produce high quality code that mirrors best practice and fits the business expectations.
• Manage and deliver complex technical website builds working with design, management and other stakeholders to ensure the final product fulfils the original goals.
• Maintain and improve UX and UI of Hybrid brands
• Work in partnership with the Back-End PHP Developer
• Build high-quality mockups and design different prototypes
• Increase ‘speed to market’ of new web and app products.
• Monitor, track and communicate the development of new projects.
• Resolve all critical bugs and implement fixes quickly and effectively, ensuring no repeat issues.
• Research and share new development practices, patterns and standards with the team.
• Ensure ongoing maintenance of all existing sites
• Fully conversant in HTML5 and CSS.
• Experience with WordPress and Drupal CMS.
• Positive “can do” attitude; willingness to give it a try.
• Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical users.
• Ability to think out of the box and with minimal structure.
• Ability to work collaboratively with local and remote colleagues.
• Must be a good team player.
• Able to multitask in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
• Thrive off meeting strict deadlines.
• Competitive salary based on experience and annual pay reviews
• A-grade offices at Q Sentral in KL Sentral district
• Meritocracy where good work and performance are rewarded
• A fun and lively work culture with regular team events, incentives and social activities