Hybrid is a global influencer, creating rich and relevant content for brands wishing to connect with audiences in a more effective way. Powered by a progressive collective of journalists, creatives, strategists and business minds, Hybrid publishes five independent web brands with over 120 million visitors annually.
Tech Wire Asia and Tech HQ (part of Hybrid) are content platforms for innovators, business leaders, change makers and entrepreneurs who are passionate about technology. Our technology content reaches millions of readers and has allowed us to work with global brands including, SAP, Oracle, HP and IBM.
We are looking for a Technology Journalist, who can capture and convey the link between business and technology across our two platforms. You will be responsible for researching and writing stories to engage readers via short-form articles and long-form opinion editorials.
- Reporting on the intersection of technology and business
- Using online analysis tools (Such as NewsWhip) to report on trending news and stories before they have broken.
- Uphold house style through all editorial work
- Keep on top of digital/business/technology trends to further enhance your contribution
- Ad-Hoc editing of freelance copy and material
- Building a contact base in the tech industry (e.g. Innovators, entrepreneurs/business managers/change makers) to break news stories.
- Writing share-able content and repackaging stories in an appealing way
- Ensuring grammatical accuracy and guarding editorial standards
- Voracious appetite for regional tech and business news and trends
- Experience in writing engaging digital news content
- Experience coving pan-Asia technology and business news
- Proficiency in using CMS (WordPress in particular)
- A clear grasp of editorial standards and workflow processes
- Experience working with high profile clients on advertorials
- An ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Great attention to detail and highly organised
- Competitive salary based on experience and annual pay reviews
- A-grade offices in QSentral
- Meritocracy working environment, where hardwork is recognised and rewarded
- A fun and lively work culture with regular team events, incentives and social activities
- Cycle to work, with shower facilities onsite