Hybrid is a global influencer, creating rich and relevant content for brands wishing to connect with audiences in a more effective way. Powered by a progressive collective of journalists, creatives, digital and business minds, Hybrid publishes five independent web brands with over 120 million visitors annually.
Our growing in-house creative and digital agency works with our advertising partners to develop creative, digital and content campaigns, tapping into our deep editorial subject matter expertise. We’re intuitive and disciplined, turning ideas into action for global clients.
The successful applicant will join a talented digital production team focused on the implementation of web and development builds. You will need to be a skilled and enthusiastic coder in PHP, JS, CSS & HTML web technology and have invested interest in continuous learning. Developing quality, reliable, fast, organised and annotated code will be your forte. Working on our own builds as well as on behalf of international brands, you will be engaged on ambitious new products and websites in numerous industries.
The successful candidate will be a team player willing to help across a variety of development and technical challenges. This is a career-defining opportunity for an experienced Full Stack Developer to work alongside some top digital talent, benefit from significant development opportunities and take your career to the next level.
- Build scalable code, ensuring full integrity with a focus on Continuous Development.
- Produce high quality code that mirrors best practice and fits the business expectations.
- Manage and deliver complex technical website builds working with design, management and other stakeholders to ensure the final product fulfils the original goals.
- Collaborating with the digital team on highly functional web application builds.
- Assess and improve current platforms to deliver a higher value proposition.
- Increase ‘speed to market’ of new web and app products.
- Monitor, track and communicate the development of new projects.
- Resolve all critical bugs and implement fixes quickly and effectively, ensuring no repeat issues.
- Research and share new development practices, patterns and standards with the team.
- Ensure ongoing maintenance of all existing sites
- Advanced knowledge of PHP.
- Fully conversant in HTML5 and CSS.
- Experience with WordPress and Drupal CMS.
- Positive “can do” attitude; willingness to give it a try.
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical users.
- Ability to think out of the box and with minimal structure.
- Ability to work collaboratively with local and remote colleagues.
- Must be a good team player.
- Able to multi-task in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Thrive off meeting strict deadlines.
- Competitive salary based on experience and annual pay reviews
- A-grade offices at Q Sentral in KL Sentral district
- Meritocracy where good work and performance are rewarded
- A fun and lively work culture with regular team events, incentives and social activities