Business Development Executive
We are looking for exceptional Business Development Executives to join us in the heart of Sydney’s CBD. With our world leading digital products in higher education and technology, we require talented and tenacious hunters with the motivation to drive new business and take their careers to the next level.
Hybrid has a strong set of products and solutions that our customers need, the right sales outreach strategy to engage the market and win, and the capabilities behind the sales engine to achieve and exceed client expectations. What we now need are the best salespeople to join our already strong team – we need top talent to help us continue our march of exponential year-on-year growth.
Should you be successful in joining us, you will find yourself part of a close-knit high performing sales team looking to not just continue our growth journey, but far exceed our previous achievements and take Hybrid to the next level.
Hybrid has been built with New Business sales at its core – our Culture revolves around high performance, autonomy paired with accountability and the constant striving for improvement towards excellence. The commission structure is strong at an expectation of $135k+ OTE, with our top performers earning $180k+. On top of this, we have a big focus on personal development and career progression as we believe in investing in our staff for the future.
Hybrid creates compelling media for Higher Education and Technology. We own and operate four specialist web brands, reaching over 40 million students, educators, business leaders and innovators every year.
Using design, data and storytelling expertise, we work with our clients to influence highly relevant audiences. We make change happen. As a high-growth business, our company revenues grew again last year by 40% for the third year in a row despite Covid-19 and we are on track to continue to break our revenue records again this year.
We have achieved this through teamwork across all departments, innovative products, industry knowledge, a clear business strategy, and highly effective sales outreach executed by talented salespeople. We are unashamedly ambitious and always striving to be the best, so we won’t accept anything but the best joining us – we want hunters and winners.
- 360 New Business sales role from hunting/prospecting new opportunities to closing the business (and everything in between)
- Employ modern approaches to sales including balanced prospecting and discovery-led pitching putting prospects first to maintain high conversions and hit targets
- Utilise data-driven market knowledge to identify relevant clients in Higher Education and Technology
- Build interest from C-level Tech Executives / Higher Education Senior Leadership through impactful pitching and clear articulation of our digital media products and services
- Hunter mentality with a relentless desire to win new business
- Minimum 3-4+ years sales experience, ideally in Technology or Higher Education sales
- Persuasive and agile communicator, able to build rapport with senior stakeholders and understand business needs
- Driven, energetic, tenacious, confident and determined to succeed in their career
- Open to coaching and learning new sales methodology, whilst also able to put your own stamp on your outreach
- Competitive salary and commission scheme with an uncapped OTE of $135k+, with our top earners on $180k+
- In-depth training programme (sales and digital solutions) with our experienced and talented sales leaders
- Unrivalled career progression opportunities in line with our ambitious growth plans
A fun and lively work culture with regular team events, incentives, and social activities
- Work in Sydney’s best media office with a fully functioning kitchen and bar
- Monthly contribution to your physical health costs (e.g. gym membership)
- Online training, tools, and resources, including 1:1 coaching sessions to help manage your wellbeing
- 24/7/365 employee wellness assistance line
- Paid training for career accreditations
- Internal mobility options and established career paths
- Team rewards (from your manager)
- Incentive schemes, financial advice and company pension contributions
- Flexible holiday entitlement
- Coaching for senior staffFriday drinks, office away days and parties
- Free fruit and a weekly breakfast/lunch
- Charity fundraising challenges and volunteering days
- External speaker evenings with drinks and snacks in the oﬃce