Business Development Executive
With our world leading digital products in higher education and technology, we require tenacious, energetic hunters with the motivation to drive new business and take their careers to the next level.
The role will see you assess your market and spot opportunities where Hybrid’s digital media services can deliver results. You will pitch, negotiate and close deals resulting in both commercial and personal success. Our market leading, uncapped commission scheme will see you earn over £50k in your first year and lay the foundations for a powerful career trajectory as part of Hybrid’s ambitious growth plans.
Hybrid creates compelling media for higher education and technology. We own and operate four specialist web brands, reaching over 38 million students, educators and innovators every year. Using design, data and storytelling expertise, we work with our clients to influence highly relevant audiences. We make change happen.
Last year our company revenues grew by 40% for the third year in a row. We’ve achieved this through teamwork across all departments, innovative products, industry knowledge, a clear business strategy, and highly effective sales outreach.
- Work with sales management to shape your business development strategy in our key markets
- Utilise data-driven market knowledge to identify relevant clients in higher education and technology
- Build interest from C-level executives through impactful pitching and clear articulation of our digital media products and services
- Negotiate and close business deals with guidance from sales management where required
- Collaborate with account management to seamlessly onboard new clients
- Hunter mentality with a relentless desire to win new business
- Ideally previous B2B sales experience in a relevant sector (media, advertising, digital), however not a must in this role
- Persuasive and agile communicator, able to build rapport with senior stakeholders and understand business needs
- Energetic, confident, determined to succeed and drive their careers forward
- Desire to learn new sales skills and translate these to action at pace
- Competitive salary and commission scheme with an uncapped OTE, with our top earners on £85k+
- Highly refined Onboarding & Sales Training Programme (sales and digital solutions) with our experienced and talented sales leaders to get you up to speed at pace
- Unrivalled career progression opportunities in line with our ambitious growth plans
- Monthly contribution to your physical health costs (e.g. gym membership)
- Online training, tools, and resources, including 1:1 coaching sessions to help manage your wellbeing
- 24/7/365 employee wellness assistance line
- Paid training for career accreditations
- Internal mobility options and established career paths
- Team rewards (from your manager)
- Incentive schemes, financial advice and company pension contributions
- Flexible holiday entitlement
- Coaching for senior staff
- Friday drinks, office away days and parties
- Free fruit and a weekly breakfast/lunch
- Charity fundraising challenges and volunteering days
- External speaker evenings with drinks and snacks in the oﬃce