Sales Manager, Media & Tech Sales
We are looking for an exceptional Sales Manager to build and run our Technology Media Sales Team, initially with a team size of 5 with the plan to grow this to 10 by the end of the year. With our world leading digital and creative media products in technology, we require a world-class leader to take our team of talented and tenacious new business hunters to the next level.
The role will encompass all elements of a Sales Management role, including (but not limited to) cultivating the right sales culture, leading from the front in delivering personal sales, driving sales process best practice and momentum, regularly using and reporting information and data to the UK Sales Director to create impact and identify opportunities/threats, supporting salespeople on progressing and closing their opportunities, coaching and developing staff, supporting talent recruitment and retention, and ultimately hitting office and team sales targets.
Whilst reporting to the UK Sales Director alongside being supported by the Global Sales Director, this role will require a forward-thinking sales leader whom is looking to take ownership of their part of the business and drive it to success through creating impact both directly leading their team and indirectly utilising sales data. The successful candidate will need to be able to embed themselves in the core methodologies, values and beliefs of the global Hybrid sales team, whilst also bringing their own expertise and talents to the table.
Culture is a huge part of Hybrid, with New Business being built at our core, revolving around high performance, autonomy paired with accountability and the constant striving for improvement towards excellence. Being able to craft and maintain this culture in the team is imperative to being successful – we believe that great results principally come from having a great culture.
Hybrid creates compelling media for education and technology. We publish daily content across four specialist web brands, working with industry partners to reach over 40 million students, educators and tech innovators every year. Using data, storytelling and design expertise to influence highly relevant audiences. With the right messaging to the right people, we turn intelligence into action to make an impact.
- Sales Management role leading a team of new business hunters in full 360 sales roles
- Employ modern approaches to sales management including cultivating winning culture, coaching for long-term development and success, implementing leading sales methodology, and driving performance through data-driven decision making
- Lead from the front supporting and driving new business
- Hit ambitious new business sales team targets in our Technology vertical
- Support in recruiting and retaining a 10+ strong team of SDR/BDE/BDMs within the Bristol office
- Hunter Leader mentality with a relentless desire to win new business through driving top performance in a team
- Minimum 2+ years sales management experience, ideally in Technology, Media or Event sales
- Experience of working with a relatively short sales cycle of 2-4 weeks and order values of £10-50k
- Inspirational and motivational leader who understands how to balance great culture, strong talent and meticulous sales process
- Effective communicator, able to coach in challenging situations, motivate through the lows as well as the highs, inspire loyalty and embody Hybrid’s passion
- Driven, energetic, tenacious, confident and determined to succeed in their career
- Open to coaching and learning new sales and management methodology, whilst also able to bring in their own experience and knowledge
- Competitive base salary and market-leading Personal Commission and Management Bonus structure
- Highly refined Onboarding, Sales and Management Training Programme with our experienced and talented senior sales leaders to invest in your development and long-term career
- Unrivalled career progression opportunities in line with our ambitious growth plans
- Access to global resources and support, working with talented multi-cultural teams based in offices around the world
- A fun and lively work culture with regular team events, incentives and social activities
- Work in Bristol’s best media office with fully functioning kitchen, bar, bike racks and shower facilities
- Fruit Mondays, Breakfast Wednesdays and Friday drinks
- Enhanced company pension contributions