Hybrid is a high-growth media company with offices across Bristol, Kuala Lumpur and Sydney. Through our people, process and global presence we create more compelling media for international brands in education and technology.
Our expertise has been recognised worldwide through partnerships with highly respected brands including IBM, Cisco, King’s College London and New York University. In 2019 our team has written 4,500 independent articles and 1000 branded content stories, totalling 2.7 million words and generating a unique visitor audience of over 100 million.
Hybrid own and operate world-leading web brands that track, study and report on the latest trends and developments in the fast-evolving markets of education and technology. The editorial team in Kuala Lumpur create compelling content that engage our readers across our key digital platforms Study International, Tech Wire Asia, U2B and Tech HQ.
In 2019 Hybrid has grown rapidly, resulting in the expansion of our editorial team to deliver new content in line with our strategy. The Director of Editorial and Content Strategy is a new role in the business to lead this talented group of writers and editors in our Kuala Lumpur office. This is a true leadership role to realise new opportunities, shape our editorial strategy and inspire the team to bring this vision to life.
- Head up the editorial team of 12 in Kuala Lumpur, providing direction, coaching and development for our talented writers / editors
- Understand individual motivations to drive performance and meet editorial KPIs consistently
- Take ownership of the editorial performance at Hybrid, setting and developing the global content strategy for our market leading digital platforms
- Connect our editorial expertise with commercial opportunities for growth
- Oversee the production of branded and independent content for partners worldwide to drive continued engagement and audience development
- Be the guardian for editorial excellence throughout Hybrid
- Working closely with senior teams in Australia and UK
- Collaborate with our sales, account management, digital and creative teams to deliver a joined-up thinking in our editorial output
- Use social media channels effectively to amplify our content to a wider audience
- Leader in editorial and content strategy for a range of digital products
- Track record in connecting digital and editorial teams for pronounced audience growth
- Team management skills to lead, mentor and train writers and editors
- Well versed in managing content for digital platforms and understand the impact of SEO
- Excellent project management and organisational skills to manage multiple products
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders at a range of levels and across offices globally
- A true storyteller able to build narratives from scratch and inspire the editorial team
- Based in our Kuala Lumpur office or willing to relocate in the next 2 months
- Chance to lead an ambitious, committed and talented editorial team
- Implement new ideas and initiatives to effect change at pace
- Excellent opportunities for progression in line with team growth
- Centrally located and exciting commercial building in Q Sentral
- Fun and lively work culture with regular team events, incentives and social activities