Hybrid is a global influencer, creating rich and relevant content for brands wishing to connect with audiences in a more effective way. Powered by a progressive collective of journalists, creatives, strategists and business minds, Hybrid publishes five independent web brands with over 120 million visitors annually.
We’re recruiting for a Senior News Journalist to join our editorial team in Kuala Lumpur. You will be responsible for writing in-depth news features and articles for our Asia Correspondent website.
AsianCorrespondent.com has been publishing for millennial and Gen X audiences since 2009. We reach millions of readers across Asia every month with our influential stories. We’re beefing up our editorial team, rebranding our website, and taking the quality of our content to the next level. We’re realists, not idealists and we want like-minded journalists who are just as excited about the future as we are and want to tell the world about it.
- Reporting regional news including; current affairs, politics, economics & socioeconomics, CSR, foreign policy etc.
- Using online analysis tools (Such as NewsWhip) to report on trending news and stories before they have broken.
- Uphold house style through all editorial work
- Ad-Hoc editing of freelance copy and material
- Writing share-able content and repackaging stories in an appealing way
- Ensuring grammatical accuracy and guarding editorial standards
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in regional news reporting
- Must be able to write sharp, provocative and analytical copy
- Obsessive about catchy headlines
- Understand the relationship between content and social platforms to build an audience for your stories
- Passionate about writing and able to produce clean and thought-provoking copy
- Excellent social media skills
- Understanding of the current demands in online journalism and be able to produce precise and urgent copy but value quality and accuracy
- Trained in data journalism techniques would be beneficial
- Well versed in digital storytelling techniques and understand the role of SEO and keyword analysis
- Competitive salary based on experience and annual pay reviews
- A-grade offices at Q Sentral in KL Sentral district
- Meritocracy where good work and performance are rewarded
- A fun and lively work culture with regular team events, incentives and social activities