Hybrid is a global influencer, creating rich and relevant content for brands wishing to connect with audiences in a more effective way. Powered by a progressive collective of journalists, creatives, digital and business minds, Hybrid publishes four independent web brands with over 120 million visitors annually.
We also have a growing in-house agency team which is fully integrated across digital and creative. As a result, we’re able to turn ideas into action quickly and drive impactful campaigns for our global clients. With a team of 75 across 3 offices in Bristol, Sydney and Kuala Lumpur, you’ll be joining Hybrid at an exciting stage of our growth to help take your career to the next level.
The Tech Writer / Journalist will be responsible for capturing and conveying the link between business and technology for our two websites, Tech Wire Asia and TechHQ. You will be researching and writing stories to engage readers via short form articles and long form opinion editorials within the tech industry.
- Reporting on the intersection of technology and business in Asia
- Using online analysis tools (Such as NewsWhip) to report on trending news and stories before they have broken
- Uphold house style through all editorial work
- Keep on top of digital/business/technology trends to further enhance your contribution
- Ad-Hoc editing of freelance copy and material
- Building a contact base in the tech industry (e.g. Innovators, entrepreneurs/business managers/change makers) to break news stories
- Obtaining and conducting interviews with thought leaders on a regular basis
- Writing share-able content and repackaging stories in an appealing way
- Ensuring grammatical accuracy and guarding editorial standards
- Passion for regional tech and business news and trends
- Experience in writing engaging digital news content
- Experience covering technology and business news
- Proficiency in using CMS (WordPress in particular)
- A clear grasp of editorial standards and workflow processes
- Experience working with high profile clients on advertorials
- An ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with clear KPIs and milestones
- Great attention to detail and highly organised
- Competitive salary based on experience and annual pay reviews
- Clear opportunities for promotion and career development, alongside periodic training plans (SEO, interview skills etc).
- Centrally located and one of the most exciting commercial buildings in the city
- Fun and lively work culture with regular team events, incentives and social activities
- Lunch on Tuesdays with the team.